You should read this article if...
You're a local business owner or a marketing agency looking for a quick & honest Yext review. You probably already know this, but Yext is a fancy tool that handles reviews and listings for all sorts of businesses and marketing agencies.
If you're a local business owner or part of a marketing agency, this blog is your ultimate guide to Yext. We'll dive deep into its features, pros, and cons to help you decide if it's the right fit for you.
But if you're looking for Yext for your enterprise or corporate needs, this review might not be your cup of tea.
Here's what I've got in store for you:
💥 We'll uncover the 3 aspects that Yext gets right, making it a force to be reckoned with.
💥 We'll also explore the 5 areas where Yext falls seriously short. Gotta keep it real, right?
💥 Oh, and we'll definitely dig deep into the cost of Yext because, let's face it, budget matters. You'll get the lowdown on whether it's worth every penny.
💥 Next, we'll dive into Yext Review Management. Your online reputation is crucial, so I'll talk about on how Yext helps (or doesn't help) there.
💥 Finally we'll do a quick Yext Powerlistings review. And of course, we'll do a quick Yext Partner Review (for agencies.)
But hey, let's be real here. You don't need another boring, cookie-cutter review. That's not my style. Think of this as our personal conversation where I'll dish out the honest opinions you need. I scoured through 100s of Yext reviews and used Yext myself before writing this blog.
So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and get ready for a no-holds-barred Yext review!
Before I forget, here are some quick links to everything covered in the blog:
Yext Reviews Summary
If you're pressed for time, here's a quick 2-minute summary of this Yext Review blog:
3 Things Yext Gets Right
- Extensive directory network: Yext's association with numerous directories is a huge win when it comes to expanding your reach and boosting SEO.
- Simplified and centralized listing management: Managing listings across various business listing sites can be a hassle, but Yext streamlines the process to save you time and effort. With Yext, you can effortlessly ensure accurate and consistent listings across multiple platforms.
- Review monitoring and notifications: It allows businesses like yours to stay on top of their online reputation by monitoring and sending email notifications whenever new reviews are posted.
- More on the bright side of Yext below.
5 Things Seriously Wrong With Yext
- Difficult onboarding and usability: Users have expressed frustration with the initial onboarding process, finding it all over the place and laughable. The user interface (UX/UI) doesn't exactly win any awards for being intuitive.
- Lackluster customer support: Yext's support has been described as almost non-existent, with support team members seeming to lack knowledge about the system itself. Users have been provided with confusing articles and unhelpful terminology, leaving them with more questions than answers.
- Too Expensive with Annual Contracts: Yext is way too expensive for what it does, there are many affordable alternatives available (like ReviewGain!). Also they force annual contracts so you can't get out if you don't need Yext anymore.
- No Review Generation Features: Yext only helps monitor reviews and respond to them. It doesn't help you get more reviews which is critical to Local SEO.
- Unfulfilled promises and misleading sales tactics: Some users felt let down by Yext because the software did not deliver what was promised during the sales call. There were even instances where sales representatives outright lied about the capabilities of the software.
- More on the dark side of Yext below.
Is Yext Worth the Cost?
Let's talk about Yext plans:
- Emerging Starter Package: $199/year - Limited listings on a handful of sites. This plan doesn't even list you on Google, no point subscribing to this package.
- Essential Plus Package: $449/year - Get listed on top platforms like Google, Facebook, Bing, and Yelp. But this plan won't let you publish data directly. You can only make one-off updates, and they'll charge you every year! Save your money and DIY the listings or enlist the help of an intern/VA instead.
- Complete Standard Package: $499/year - Comprehensive range of listings, including all sites from the Essential Plus Package. You als get access to Yext Powelistings that lets you publish accurate data to all your listings.
- Premium Advanced Package: $999/year - Includes all features from previous packages, along with extras like review monitoring and website widgets. More on that below.
Well, that was Yext review in a nutshell. But if you have 10 minutes to spare, we'll explore the juicy bits of Yext - what it's great at and where it falls flat on its face.
Yext Review - Where does it Shine?
Here's what customers love about Yext:
Yext has an extensive directory network that can increase your business's reach and improve your SEO, here's why people like this feature:
- It's all about visibility: Creating loads of listings means your information reaches potential customers across various platforms, increasing the likelihood of attracting new leads and customers.
- Improved SEO: Connecting your business to multiple directories through Yext has a significant positive impact on your search engine optimization (SEO)
“Yext is allowing us to have visibility on all of our listings and continue to update them in a streamlined way”
Yext's simplified and centralized listing management feature:
- Instead of individually updating information on multiple platforms, you can make changes in one place using Yext listings dashboard.
- This also eliminates the need for manual updates and reduces the chances of errors.
- With just a few clicks, you can ensure that your business name, address, phone number, and other important details are consistent across multiple platforms.
Yext's review monitoring + responding features:
- Stay in the know: With Yext review management, you can monitor customer reviews in real time. Whenever a new review is posted, you receive email notifications.
- You can also respond promptly to both positive and negative feedback directly from Yext's dashboard.
Yext Review - Where does it fall short?
Alright, now it's time to get real and talk about the top 5 things where Yext seriously falls short:
Yext Review - Cost & Plans
Here's the lowdown on the expensive Yext plans:
This Package will cost you a whopping $199 annually. What do you get for this bargain price?
- Listings on a handful of niche sites like MerchantCircle and eLocal.
- This package only gets you limited reach and your business won't get any exposure.
The plan will cost you a reasonable $449 annually. Here's what you'll get:
- One-off listings on platforms like Google, Facebook, Bing, and Yelp.
- You can create your listings on these platforms yourself without paying a recurring price. Save your money for something that truly matters.
Get ready to fork over $499 annually for the Complete Package. What's included in this comprehensive offering?
- A buffet of listings, including all the sites from the Essential Package and then some.
- The Power-listings feature helps you sync your business data across all your listings in real-time.
- There are more affordable options that can provide similar listing coverage. Don't overspend when there are alternatives available.
- The price tag is still steep for local businesses and small-medium marketing agencies. Think twice before investing such a significant amount of your budget.
If you're feeling extra fancy, you can go with the Premium Package. This will cost you a staggering $999 annually. What can you expect from this plan?
- All the features from the previous packages, along with review monitoring and website widgets.
- It's too expensive, especially for local businesses and agencies and the compulsory annual contract.
- You can find better alternatives that offer complete reputation management + marketing solutions like ReviewGain.
If you're thinking about Yext but not sure about the pricing, check out my Yext pricing
blog. It gives you the lowdown on all the costs and fees you can expect.
Yext Partner Review
Now let's quickly review how agencies can become Yext Partners
to resell or form an alliance...
Yext Partner Review - Resellers
- The Yext Reseller Partner program lets agencies and consultants become resellers of Yext solutions to small business customers. Yext also offers white-labeling, branded listing scans and analytics you can offer to your clients.
- You can become a Certified Reseller Partner if you've 100+ clients. They will offer anywhere between 20-50% discount to resell to your clients based on the number of clients you have.
- If you're a small agency owner, you can still get upto 10% discount on retail plans. To understand how you can get this discount, you can read my Yext Pricing for Small Agencies blog.
Yext Partner Review - Alliance
- Alliance is just another term Yext uses for affiliates.
- As a marketing agency, you can refer customers to Yext and receive commissions when someone buys using your code/link.
If you're new to offering review management
Need a 5-step rep management pitch guide?
Btw if you're for tools similar to Yext but are actually designed for small-medium marketing agencies
, you might want to look at my top 8 Yext alternatives
Yext Review Management - The Complete Lowdown
Ah, review management - one of Yext's shining stars! But even this superstar has a bright and a dark side, let's look into these:
Yext Reputation Management - The Bright Side
- Convenient review management: With Yext, you can easily manage customer comments and respond to reviews from various sites in one centralized platform.
- Timely review alerts: Yext keeps you informed by sending alerts whenever new reviews are posted. This feature ensures that you stay on top of customer feedback and can respond promptly to address any concerns.
Yext Reputation Management - The Dark Side
- No Review Generation Features: Surprisingly, even in the Yext Premium Plan that costs a whopping $999/year, you don't get any review generation features. So while Yext helps you respond to reviews, it fails to assist you in getting more reviews, which is essential for boosting your Local SEO.
- Interface and user-friendliness: Users have found Yext's user interface to be less intuitive and user-friendly compared to other options available. It's not designed well for businesses who want to manage reviews for multiple locations.
Yext Powerlistings Review
One of Yext's core feature is their listings management feature called Yext Powerlistings. Let's do a quick Yext listings review...
What Yext Powerlistings gets right
- Efficient listings management: With Yext, you can easily handle multiple locations' listings. It simplifies the process by allowing you to make universal changes across different platforms all at once, saving valuable time and effort.
- Powerful and versatile: Yext's Powerlistings is an incredibly robust tool that can be used for various purposes, such as managing online directory listings, FAQs, and longer content.
What Yext Powerlistings gets wrong
- Slow API and poor user experience: Yext's API moves at a snail's pace, leaving users waiting for important information to load. This sluggishness even affects Google indexing, making it harder to attract customers.
- Upload process and industry compatibility woes: Uploading data to Yext can feel like solving a puzzle with missing pieces, often requiring unhelpful support. Yext's optimization for specific industries can result in misaligned listings and issues going unnoticed.
- Reporting tool and social postings limitations: Yext's reporting tool lacks the necessary features for in-depth analysis. Social postings, especially on Google, come with restrictions, limiting your online presence.
Is Yext the Right Choice for Small-Medium
Businesses and Marketing Agencies?
Short answer - NO! Let's dive into the details.
Here's what we covered in this review:
- 3 Areas where Yext Excels - Extensive Directory Network, Listings Management, and Review Monitoring.
- 5 Serious Issues with Yext - Difficult to Use, Atrocious Customer Support, Expensive with Annual Contracts, No Review Campaigns, and Shady Cancellation + Sales Tactics!
- Cost Review - We explored the different pricing tiers, including Emerging, Essential, Complete, Premium, and and why they may not be worth it for your business.
“They had zero interest in anything other than collecting payments and closing deals. There was no support and nobody cared that we were paying for something that didn't work. Was so excited to work with them and very much scarred from the actual experience. Go into everything with your eyes wide open."
Undoubtedly, Yext's biggest downfalls are their abysmal customer support and exorbitant yearly plans. So, what's the better alternative?
You can consider ReviewGain
! ReviewGain offers two compelling plans for local businesses, the Starter plan and the Growth plan, along with a 100% whitelabel platform for agencies. Let's take a look at each plan:
- Generate 20-30 reviews monthly using 100 SMS review requests and 1000 email requests.
- Manage and respond to reviews effortlessly with a centralized dashboard.
- Monitor your online presence 24/7 and receive review alerts directly to your phone.
- Gain valuable customer insights through sentiment analysis features.
- Enjoy responsive and reliable 24/7 email and chat support (a refreshing change from Yext!).
- Receive a minimum of 150 glowing reviews per month using 500 SMS review invites and unlimited email requests.
- Attract more local customers by showcasing your reviews on social media and your website automatically.
- Includes all features of the Starter Plan.
- ReviewGain offers a 100% whitelabel platform allowing agencies to customize branding and pricing according to their needs.
- Start with 1 seat at $49/month per client + $0 whitelabel setup fee.
- As you add more clients, unlock up to 50% discounts, enabling agencies to save money while scaling their services.
- Count on our 24/7 email and tech support - we're your reliable tech team!
So, that wraps it up, folks! Hopefully, this Yext review shed light on the positives and shortcomings of this platform, and offered a convincing alternative
. If ReviewGain has caught your attention, head over to our website
or kickstart your 14-day trial for free
. No credit card or phone number required
— just your email, and you're ready to go!